4 Weeks Courses
Introduction to Compassionate Care
12 Weeks Course
Become a Certified Karuna Care Provider
Eligibility for Training
Students wishing to be trained as a Certified Karuna Care Provider and becoming a member of the Karuna Care Association must take the 3 Introductory 4 Weeks courses listed above in order to be considered for this 12 Weeks Course:
- Impact of Grief on Spiritual Growth
- Name your Feelings – Tame your Mind.
- Trauma, Addictions and Complicated Grief
Students can sign up at any time to the Introductory Courses, as long as they complete the 3 of them.
Please answer the following questions:
- Do you have a personality that is naturally inclined to have compassion for suffering persons?
- Do you want to increase your self-awareness and interpersonal communication skills to create heart-connecting relationships with others?
- Are you ready to take an honest look at your current behavior and attitudes and make progress towards becoming a more authentic, transparent, and vulnerable person?
- Do you have basic computer skills, e.g., sending emails, doing simple internet searches, uploading documents, and basic word-processing?
- Are you willing and able to volunteer 4 hours a week accompanying a person through a life-cycle crisis by offering them non-judgmental, compassionate care online, by phone or in-person at a healthcare or public services organization (hospital, hospice, prison, airport chapel, college campus, senior living home, etc.)?
- Are you willing and able to commit to Karuna Care Education’s two 12-week semesters (total=24 weeks) of online learning and practicum? Please review the Training Schedule before answering this question.
- Are you open to exchanging honest feedback with your peers’ regarding your personal learning process?
- Are you willing to explore your strengths and limitations regarding your interpersonal relationship skills?
If you answered “Yes” to all the questions above, please download the application below. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
If you answered “No” to any of the questions, please wait to submit your application until you are able to participate fully in the KCE program.
Once we have received your complete application, you will be invited for an interview with the Director of Karuna Care Education. Interviews will be conducted on Skype or Zoom.
Successful applicants will demonstrate
- Their ability to identify and express emotions.
- Their genuine care and compassion for others.
- Their ability to identify their personal strengths and limitations.
- Their willingness to take risks in order to grow as compassionate care companion.
- Their openness to receiving honest, compassionate feedback from others regarding their attitudes and behaviors.
“Ramhhoru dasi has a unique combination of assets to provide Karuna Care’s much needed resource within our devotee communities – namely, she has decades of experience in the professional world of counseling, along with decades of experience interacting within our ISKCON society and its leadership. I am absolutely confident that her gift to our devotional community will have a dramatic impact on improving the quality of care and attention given to our members.”
Romapada Swami, ACBSP
ISKCON initiating Spiritual Master
“What I loved about Rambhoru Brinkmann as my Training Supervisor was her ability to walk with her students without imposing her views on them, but rather, gently challenging them to seek their own truths.”
“I’m grateful, as one of Rambhoru Brinkman’s students, for her guiding gentle smile that saw me through challenging and transforming moments of my life. I appreciated her dedication and commitment to the well-being of each student no matter their race, color, gender or background.”